Friday, April 1, 2016

The 30-minute vacation

If you are like me, you have a job you love, but you live for your vacation time.

In the past few years I have learned that "vacation" doesn't always mean a 10-day trip to Ireland or five days at the all-inclusive in Cancun. 

It can mean three days in Dallas or a half-hour at the spa.

Last night was the "half-hour at the spa" vacation.

A local spa is having a special on microdermabrasion (just $30!). I jumped at the chance and called for an appointment. Of course, many others jumped at the same chance, so my appointment time was set for 8 p.m. on a Thursday night. (A bit later than I had hoped.)

I bypassed going home after work and instead met a friend for a little bit of shopping and some dinner before my appointment. 
Ready for my 30-minute vacation!


One Anthropologie dress (okay, two) and a filet mignon slider later, I was lying on the couch in the spa room, my friend right beside me.

Dana, the aesthetician, was cool with my bff in the room. We talked like three old friends while Dana slid the microdermabrasion tool around my face. For those who are wondering, it feels like the sandpaper-y tongue of a cat licking your face very vigorously. And there is a vacuum on the tool, so you feel a sucking sensation as well. It can sting a bit, but like anything else, if you relax, it's 100 times better. (I have only had two treatments, but I can say it makes my skin look brighter and feel smoother.)

Because it was later in the evening and I was heading home and to bed, I knew I didn't have to apply any makeup before I left. 

So although the whole treatment lasted only a half-hour, it was just what I needed to complete my mini-vacation.

Now, as I face a late working night tonight and a full day tomorrow (we are giving prom dresses away at our library!), I am de-stressed and ready for action.

Happy weekend!
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Ohhh I would love to try this treatment! And at only $30 bucks, sounds like a steal :) And can't go wrong with dinner and shopping either, we all need those 30 minute vacations from time to time (or daily!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi heidilauren2! What a pretty name you have! Check out Zano Day Spa in Naperville if you're close by (link above)... the special goes on until the end of April.

    ReplyDelete