Friday, April 29, 2016

Sleeping with the windows open... and other sweet vacation memories


Sunset over Sedona
Arizona -- the perfect April vacation state!

It happened to be a hot week for us Chicagoans, yet a relatively cool week for Arizonans. That means it was perfect for swimming and shopping and eating al fresco.

And sleeping with the window open.

I think the one thing I miss the most during the winter months is not being able to sleep with a breeze coming in the window.

Warm breezes are the most heavenly things. Right up there with baby kisses and waffles. And farmers' markets...

...and sunsets, which are gorgeous in Arizona. We were lucky enough to visit Sedona for a day and watch the sun set in front of us and the moon rise behind us.

Going from the chill of Chi-town to the sizzle of the southwest is the perfect time to pack those long-neglected summer clothes and sandals.

When I'm on vacation, though, sometimes it doesn't much matter what I wear. Makeup? Almost nonexistent. High heels? No thanks. Just a nice sundress and my favorite gladiators.

I always like to ponder that Audrey Hepburn quote, "I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls," when I feel a little less than pretty. And then I slap on a smile!

It's rough staying cheery once you're back to work and clearing out 500 emails, but the memories of a week in the sun are worth it.

Arizona style at the Farmers' Market

The biggest lemons ever at the Gilbert Farmers' Market
Leanin' on a palm tree in my Mud Pie dress.


The prettiest trucks are the pinkest trucks. Pepto-Bismol, anyone?



No comments:

Post a Comment